Halloween Fanatic: Published Artist, Collector, Blogging Enthusiast

Halloween Fanatic Originals art, and images there of are property of Robert Brawley-H.F.O.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Flavor of the season...Labor of Love...





Have you ever ate a persimmon pudding? Well I have indulged in my fair share of this decadent dish for years. My grandmother made them diligently every year, as my mother, my aunt, and to them I give thanks. I decided last year that I was going to make one I went and picked up persimmons with my mother and got a bag full. I started removing their little tops and straining them thinking that this would be a simple dish, boy was I wrong. I was able to get all of them mashed up and froze two cups of them. I threw away about half a bag full, I was exhausted. I never returned to those frozen containers until today. I have a new found appreciation for making a persimmon pudding and the women in my family. My pudding is baking right now filling my home with the smell of this wonderful season. I will post later on how it turns out, but please take a look at the mixing pot, and pudding starting to bake! Let me know if your mouth is watering-yum mine is!!

4 comments:

Sweet B Folkart said...

Looks yummy! I bet it smells fantastic. I am going to do pumpkin bread tomorrow (easy and quick is the way I roll!)

Sweet B

Melissa Valeriote said...

yuuummmmmm! I can smell it from here. Such a talented man!! Love the line about "new found appreciation." Cooking is an underrated art form. I was blessed to be raised by many culinary artisans who created daily in their kitchens. Nothing makes me happier than to spend an afternoon in the kitchen cooking/baking with my daughters.

Fun new Blog Banner!!

Christopher A. Klingler said...

Sounds yummy Robert! Enjoy! :-)

Chris

Leah's Art Magic said...

I swear I can smell this persimmon pudding! Looks yummy! I have never made one but it sure looks great!

Leah